Interviews plays one of the most vital stage of employment process. Therefore, a lot of caution needs exercising. The main role of interviewers is to identify and select the best person for the position on the base of principles of non-discrimination and affirmative action. The following suggestions of changing inappropriate questions into more appropriate ones will help you approach the subject you want to involve your candidates.
Mining the Internet for candidates is certainly one method recruiters use. However, the process that is used to filter potentials is where there are 5 common mistakes recruiters ought to avoid.
The theory of psychological types was introduced in the 1920s by Carl G. Jung. The MBTI tool was developed in the 1940s by Isabel Briggs Myers and the original research was done in the 1940s and '50s. The essence of the theory is developed on the basis of random variation in behaviour which, through studies and research, is proven to be actually consistent.
Studies have found out that 40% of us tend to be introverts while extroverts count for the remaining 60%. Although, people at the extremes of introverts and extroverts are not that many, it’s also hard to specify the proportion of those who stand somewhere in the middle. Many of us lean one way or the other, but there are some who are quite balanced between the two tendencies. These people are called ambiverts.
The image of introverts and extroverts has been commonly defined in our minds. Extroverts tend to be outgoing while those who are shy and reserved are described as introverts. Is this really true?
I doubt you’d operate a highly complex machine without an instruction manual. So wouldn’t it be useful if there was an instruction manual to help with your own career orientation that tells you who you really are and thus can align you with what you should really do? Thankfully, there are a wide range of career orientation tools available online from simple multiple-choice tests to comprehensive assessments to help you discover who you really are as well as what career paths you ought to consider as they fit you better than others.
Career orientation is an important phase of your life. It is said that you shape your destiny the moment you make decisions. Therefore, a serious consideration would always be appreciated in order to avoid wasting time and creating regret. In other words, there are misconceptions that you need to avoid during career self-orientation.
If your career is a journey, are you going the right way?
For many years, Dr. Howard Gardner of Harvard University has conducted research on what are considered ‘intelligences’ and many people accept his theory. There are at least 7 types of intelligence, based on which people are acknowledged with job types that match them. This theory has a positive effect on societal awareness as it supports the diversity of talent and encourages people to seek for jobs that best fit them.
Nearly isolated from the rest of the world, the island country called Japan turns out to have interesting different concepts from that of the continents. One of them is known as “Ikigai”, or simply ‘life purpose’. Close enough to the translation, Ikigai is about how you orient not just your career but your life.